Region Nine Area Inc. (RNAI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created to support Region Nine Development Commission’s (RNDC) efforts to increase social and economic opportunities for local community groups, non-profits, and government entities in the nine-county region. Our mission is to serve citizens of the region by accessing resources in support of RNDC, local governments, and other community organizations that serve those in need.
Looking for donations or applying for grants but do not have a 501(c)(3) status? Partnering with RNAI allows you to seek and solicit tax-deductible dollars under RNAI’s tax-exempt status.
How does fiscal sponsorship work?
Using its 501(c)(3) public charity tax status, RNAI can receive and disburse funds for another organization’s or group’s project. The project must further RNAI’s mission to serve the citizens of the nine-county region and enhance the quality of life within a community.
Some instances where an organization or group may partner with RNAI include:
- A new organization that does not have its 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- A 501(c)(3) organization that does not have the capacity to manage the financial aspects of a grant
- A collaborative working together on a specific project, but the collaborative is not a legal entity and/or does not have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
RNAI staff can help turn your project idea into a reality. Technical assistance can be provided at any stage, from idea conception to project execution.
Some assistance services that can be provide are:
- Community Profile Research/Baseline Studies
- Proposal Writing
- Grants Research and Advisory Services
- Identifying and Applying for Funding