POSITION TITLE: Intern
STATUS: Part Time
REPORTS TO: José William Castellanos, Community Development Planner
Reporting directly to the community development planner, the intern will assist our planning team on various planning projects. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, possess strong written and verbal communication, and the fortitude to manage workload and meet tight deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning projects related to community development including, participation in development of community, county, and region comprehensive plans
- Assist with funding research for local government, businesses, and organizations regarding a wide range of community development needs
- Assist with transportation related planning projects
- Assist with grant research, writing, and planning activities
- Assist with data research, collection, organization, and analysis, specifically data mining and data presentation
- Project/document writing, formatting, and presentation
- Perform administrative duties including filing, reporting, meeting agenda development, meeting minutes, and other related tasks
- Collaborate with state, local, and federal agencies
- Resource identification and access
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed
- Two years of relevant education in urban and regional development, public policy, economics, administration, or related work experience preferred
- Enrolled in a Graduate Degree program for Urban and Region Studies, Public Policy Administration or related field preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually with little supervision, possess exceptional writing and speaking skills, and have a high attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel, is required
- GIS experience is preferred but not required
- Salary is $12.00 per hour with a maximum of 400 hours commitment
How to Apply:
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Cover letter, resume and application should be submitted online. Please contact José William Castellanos at 507-387-5643 with questions.
- Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter and completed application.
- Posting will remain open until position is filled.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform additional reasonably-related job duties as assigned by our planning team.
Region Nine Development Commission reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Region Nine Development Commission is an EOE/ADA Employer.