POSITION TITLE: Intern
STATUS: Part Time
Region Nine Development Commission is looking for an intern to assist our planning team.
The position will involve a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Assist with planning projects related to community development including, participation in development of community, county, and regional comprehensive plans.
• Assist with funding research for local government, businesses, and organizations regarding a wide range of community development needs.
• Assist with transportation related planning projects.
• Assist with grant research, writing, and planning activities, such as active living and Safe Routes to School.
• Assist with data research, collection, organization, and analysis, specifically data mining and data presentation.
• Project/document writing, formatting, and layout.
• Perform administrative duties including filing, reporting, meeting agenda development, meeting minutes, and other related tasks.
• Collaborate with local, state, and federal agencies.
• Resource identification and access.
• Other projects and responsibilities as needed.
• Two years of relevant education in urban and regional development, public policy, economics, administration, or related work experience preferred.
• Enrolled in a Graduate Degree program in community/economic development, public administration, business, or related field is preferred.
• Ability to work as part of a team or individually with little supervision, possess exceptional writing and speaking skills, and have a high attention to detail.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook and Excel, is required.
• GIS experience is preferred but not required.
How to Apply:
- Cover letter and resume should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter and completed application. Cover letter should be addressed to Executive Director Nicole Griensewic Mickelson.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform additional reasonably-related job duties as assigned by our planning team.
Region Nine Development Commission reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Region Nine Development Commission is an EOE/ADA Employer.