POSITION TITLE: Economic Development Intern
Region Nine Development Commission is looking for an intern to assist our planning team.
The position will involve a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assist with planning projects related to economic development initiatives
- Collaborate with the economic development team to prepare presentations and reports for external stakeholders and community partners
- Participate in meetings and community events with area businesses, local government entities, and community organizations to understand their needs and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Assist with research and data analysis to support economic development plans and activities
- Support the organization and coordination of workshops, events, and meetings related to economic development
- Perform administrative duties including filing, reporting, meeting agenda development, meeting minutes, and other related tasks
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned by the Economic Development team
- Relevant education in Urban and Regional Development, Public Policy, Economics, Public Administration, or related field preferred.
- Preferably a master’s degree-seeking candidate
- Strong interest in economic development, regional planning, and community development issues
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually with little supervision
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook and Excel, is required
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for occasional travel within the region
TIME and STIPEND
- Approximately 15-20 hours a week for the 2023-2024 school year
- $20 per hour
HOW TO APPLY
- Cover letter and resume should be submitted by email to email@example.com
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform additional reasonably related job duties as assigned by our planning team.
Region Nine Development Commission reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Region Nine Development Commission is an EOE/ADA Employer