Job Title: Applied Research and Workforce Development Coordinator
Company Name: Region Nine Development Commission (RNDC)
Job Location: 3 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 310, Mankato, MN 56001
This role will develop and manage diverse programs and projects for cities, counties, and other entities in the nine county RNDC region.
Specific duties include:
- Program development, planning, research, and implementation activities for a variety of departments within RNDC.
- Leads research projects in a variety of topic areas including economic development, workforce development, community development, and cross-cultural and bilingual communication.
- Conducts research for international partnership programs, while monitoring opportunities for the region to boost its traded industry clusters through market monitoring.
- Lead and conduct qualitative research, such as focus groups and interviews, with Spanish-speaking populations to assess economic and workforce dynamics in the region and throughout Greater Minnesota.
- Develop Spanish language research tools, such as surveys, to ensure inclusive sampling.
- Develop and lead multisector task force meetings in English and Spanish for the purpose of taking action on specific issues.
- Assesses economic development programs with local units of government, institutions of higher education, and businesses to improve the overall economic vitality of the region.
- Provides grant writing assistance to local units of government and others applying to state and federal programs – with a particular focus on required assessments and research.
- Assists with federal Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant applications.
- Seeks grant and program opportunities that will engage and empower the region’s communities to improve their economic status.
- Accountable for annual department income expectations as identified in the annual budget.
- Represent Region Nine through service on county, community, regional and/or professional boards.
- Approximately 20% of time spent out of office, traveling throughout Minnesota.
- This position is structured as hybrid remote work.
Requires Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Urban Studies, Economics, or a related field.
Must have at least 24 months of experience that included the following:
- Applied research in the context of comprehensive planning and economic development.
- Collecting and analyzing labor market data and industry trends using publicly available data.
- Experience in leading and facilitating Strategic Economic Development planning with municipalities, counties, and regions.
- Experience in StatsAmerica using analysis tools to measure economic impact of industries, including QWI, Cluster Mapping, and OnTheMap.
- Experience with federal EDA grant writing, reporting and processes.
- Experience interpreting and applying applicable Federal, State, and other regulatory bodies, as well as local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Experience collaborating with Spanish-speaking communities and organizations on program development and assessment.
Must be fluent in written and spoken Spanish to communicate effectively with internal/external stakeholders and the Spanish-speaking public.
HOW TO APPLY
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to complete an online application
- Submit a resume and cover letter, addressed to Executive Director Nicole Griensewic, 3 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 310, Mankato, MN. Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter and completed online application.
- Please contact Nate at email@example.com with questions
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform additional reasonably-related job duties as assigned by the executive director.
Region Nine Development Commission reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Region Nine Development Commission is an EOE/ADA Employer.