Request for Proposals: Region Nine Development Commission
Strategic Visioning and Planning to Improve Regional Economic Development Capacity
Region Nine Development Commission (RNDC) has initiated a Request for Proposal (RFP) process to identify a qualified vendor to guide and execute a strategic visioning and comprehensive planning process with staff, board of directors, and commissioners.
WHO MAY RESPOND
RNDC seeks a vendor who has demonstrated experience in organizational diagnostic assessments and developing consensus-based strategic plans, has strong facilitation skills, has proven experience with small town or government strategic planning processes, and a strong understanding of economic development and the structure and purpose of regional development organizations.
RNDC is a regional community and economic development organization comprised of ten multidisciplinary staff. RNDC is governed by 40 regional leaders in the nine-county area of south central Minnesota including: elected officials representing nine counties, 72 cities, 147 townships, 32 school districts, MN Valley Council of Governments, and Health & Human Welfare, Minority Populations, and Youth Commissioners. The mission of RNDC is to promote the development of the region through intergovernmental cooperation, community and human development, long-range planning, and technical assistance.
MINIMUM PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
- Briefly describe the project understanding and approach used by your firm. Give a brief description of the service overview and a brief outline of your project approach.
- Key Personnel: Provide a description of the Project Manager and their qualifications for this project and a detailed list of previous projects worked on with the firm that are relevant to the project.
Proposals are due on Friday, January 18th, 2019 by 4:00 pm.
An electronic copy of the proposal must be addressed to: Kristian Braekkan, Senior Regional Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org (507) 389-8862
Consultant will be selected based on an evaluation of the submitted proposals to determine which proposal best meets the objectives of the project. Selection will not be based solely on proposed fees; however, fees will be considered in the overall selection. The following criteria will be considered in the selection process:
- Project approach/detailed work plan/deliverables
- Key personnel and roles
- Previous experience of team members
- Past performance for Region Nine Development Commission
- Ability to meet schedule
- Proposed fees