JOB TITLE: Economic Resiliency Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Economic Resiliency Coordinator will assist in the administration of the Revolving Loan Fund, as well as performing general economic development duties.
Work areas may include providing technical assistance to local units of government, businesses, and the general public on a variety of planning and development topics, such as Revolving Loan Funds, economic development, workforce development, and community development. Work area may also include securing funding for programs through grant writing and the coordination, development, and implementation of programs and projects of importance to the region.
Promote and manage the various lending programs of RNDC. Assist in managing the RNDC loan portfolio to meet performance goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Through support of the Finance Director, manage RNDC’s loan portfolio to control risk and facilitate the success of loan clients.
- Identify and implement loan process improvements including marketing.
- Find and adopt innovative loan pools and other business financing capital sources that give RNDC programs competitive advantage.
- Analyze the performance of individual loan customers and propose corrective actions for problem accounts.
- Research, and where appropriate, implement new lending programs and financing tools that meet the needs of RNDC clients and communities.
- Promote RNDC lending programs to business financing professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to leverage economic development experience and tools across programs.
- Conduct regular evaluations and use the results to continuously improve lending programs.
- Provides a cost-conscious approach to the position by working within approved budgets and implementing cost-saving measures.
- Assists business owners and communities in determining their needs and priorities and help identify state, federal, or non-profit funding to meet those needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal communication and group presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple simultaneous work assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of people and styles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of personal computers and software, including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of issues surrounding rural community and economic development.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements, business plans, credit reports and other information pertinent to loan applications and approvals.
- Considerable ability to organize and facilitate meetings.
- Considerable ability to organize work, set priorities, follow up on assignments and meet critical deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain and safeguard confidential data in accordance with appropriate state and federal regulations.
- Considerable ability to write effectively and follow the Plain Language Initiative.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid Minnesota’s driver license.
- Must be able to write and speak fluently in English.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The position has good working conditions in general, but is a diversified job requiring sustained effort related to public contacts, organizational issues, planning, and technical areas. The individual must be able to perform reliable work in both independent and team project settings, mainly using a computer to complete projects. This position will require travel throughout the region and occasionally overnights for longer-distance travel. Typical hours are 8:00-4:30 p.m., but meetings are common outside of the workday.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RNDC is a small office of approximately 10 professional staff in a flexible, family friendly environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Employee benefits include health insurance, health savings account with employer contributions, pre-tax flexible spending account, life insurance, PERA retirement benefit, paid holidays and vacation time, sick leave, and additional voluntary benefits available.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Planning, Urban Studies, Banking, Accounting, or closely related field, plus three years of experience. A Master’s Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Experience as a commercial loan officer preferred.
$60,000-$75,000/ yr. Depending on qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications submitted by Monday, June 29 at 4:30 p.m.
- Send cover letter, addressed to Executive Director Nicole Griensewic, and resume to: Corree Stamschror, 3 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 310, Mankato, MN or email@example.com. Please contact Corree Stamschror at 507-387-5643 with questions. Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter and completed online application. Online applications can be found at www.rndc.org – Contact Us. Posting will remain open until position is filled.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform additional reasonably related job duties as assigned by the executive director.
Region Nine Development Commission reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Region Nine Development Commission is an EOE/ADA Employer.