POSITION TITLE: Community Development Specialist with Transportation Emphasis
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Region Nine Development Commission is looking to fill the community development specialist position. This position is responsible for regional and local transportation planning for the nine-county service area. Responsibilities also include assisting local units of government with the complete range of community development projects, including Safe Routes to School, active living, and comprehensive plans.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Convenes and facilitates meetings of the Transportation Advisory Committee.
- Participates in the MnDOT District 7 Area Transportation Partnership.
- Assists MnDOT with regional and statewide planning initiatives.
- Represents the RNDC on the Mankato Area Planning Organization, regional transportation coordination council, and other partner organizations.
- Acts as staff resource for RNDC Commission members on transportation issues.
- Coordinates local and regional transportation planning activities with state and federal agencies as well as local units of government.
- Conducts and facilitates formal and informational meetings and public hearings.
- Provides community and transportation planning support to special projects as they develop in all areas of community and economic development.
- Responsible for research, grant writing, project development, and project funding for the organization.
- Attend quarterly Minnesota regional development organization transportation planner meetings.
- Four-year degree, with preferred focus on community and regional planning.
- Two to four years similar work experience and a Master’s degree in planning, public administration, public policy, urban and regional studies or related field preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Proficient in ArcGIS, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Public and group facilitation experience preferred.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Considerable ability to organize work, set priorities, follow up on assignments, and meet critical deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain and safeguard confidential data in accordance with appropriate state and federal regulations.
- Forward-thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Must be available for evening meetings and travel as needed.
Employee benefits include health insurance, health savings account with employer contributions, pre-tax flexible spending account, life insurance, PERA retirement benefit, paid holidays and vacation time, sick leave and additional voluntary benefits available.
- $40,183 to $56,337 yearly
- Class C42-C43
- Depending on qualifications
- Utilizes the Decision Band Method
How to Apply:
- Cover letter, resume, and application should be submitted online at www.rndc.org. Cover letter should be addressed to Executive Director Nicole Griensewic Mickelson. Please contact Corree Johnson at 507-389-8885 with questions.
- Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter and completed application.
- Posting will remain open until position is filled.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform additional reasonably-related job duties as assigned by the executive director.
Region Nine Development Commission reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Region Nine Development Commission is an EOE/ADA Employer.